Friday, January 25, 2013

What's new in 2013?

Happy New Year!  I realize it's almost the end of January already but I think it's still OK to say Happy New Year for the whole month.  Hope your holidays were magical and blessed with the spirit of the season.  Casa Youngblood has been buzzing with new projects and I'm happy to say that none of them are major.  This is good news but don't think that our to do list is anything short of busy.  Actually, there may one project that is big and that is gutting the guest bathroom.  This is more cosmetic because we do not need to do any new plumbing.  Other things we would like to do is build a pergola over our dining area outside, replace some windows with doors in the living room and replace our driveway gate.   There's always SOMETHING, right?  But no bother, these are things that will get done and be great in their own time.  I've re-arranged my office and bought these Emerson bookcases at World Market to give me more storage.  I'm still arranging and moving these around so I'm not 100% that these are going to work yet.  Here's what the bookcases look like:




I bought two of these and put them side by side.  These are a great value and look similar to the more expensive ones at RH.  I'll show you pics when I'm all done and show you the new look. Aside from being functional, these also give me more space to stack my design books and other pretties which of course is a good thing.

In other news, Guest House Interiors is moving along and recently I staged a home for sale with furnishings from The Borrowed Flea.  What is the Borrowed Flea you ask?  The Borrowed Flea is a vintage rentals company that rents vintage furniture and accessories for weddings, photo shoots, home staging or any occasion.  The owner has a passion for all things vintage and loves to share her finds with others who are looking to add that unique touch to their event or occasion.  That owner would be me!  This is something that I've had in the works for the past year and a half and it has been a lot of work but it is something that I love.  Design is in my blood, and a large part of my designs involve incorporating vintage pieces wherever possible.  The Borrowed Flea pieces can be rented for 24 hours or 24 weeks (depending on availability) and  it gives you the flexibility and options to get the look you want without the leg work.  You can check out the collection here.  I am still in the process of getting the bigger pieces figured out and some are in the process of getting upholstered but I know this is part of the process and I am devoting a lot of my time to making this happen.  

Well, that's all for now.  I'll be showing you pics from the office and some inspiration photos for our other projects in my next post.  Until then, be well and be happy.


-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;