Friday, September 28, 2012

A Before and After Story.....Master Bathroom

OK, so I'm ready to show you the pictures of the Master Bathroom BUT, the shower glass is not in yet. Not that big of a deal but I just want to let you know that yes, there is a frameless shower panel and door on order. So without delay, let me show you a few before shots just to recap.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you want to read the entire before post, go here.  In a nutshell, this bathroom was gutted down to the slab. Windows were added to bring in some much needed natural light. Plumbing was moved for a toilet/water closet and new plumbing was added for a vintage Kohler cast iron tub and a new shower.  And now for the after......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

This is the pull I went with instead of the ones I bought from Anthro.  I've bought these at a thrift store a while back and funny thing is I had just enough for these drawers.  Guess it was meant to be.  I'll use the ones I bought from Anthro on something else.
 
 
Cabinet goodies.....I put my bath salts ( they are more like a coarse powder) in the vintage shakers.  They work perfect!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 So, there it is....  the new and improved  Master Bathroom.  I love the way this turned out and  how it feels like a room with all of the furniture pieces.  The doors are awesome in here and really add that special touch that I was looking for.  And Eleanor (the tub)?  She looks fabulous. She fits right in....  So worth the wait.  Remember the industrial light I bought frotm etsy?  It looks great in the center of the room and I'm glad we were able to incorporate it in here.  Recessed lights were put in around the space for general lighting (every light in here is on a dimmer).  The jars chandelier cast a warm and flattering light with no creepy shadows and adds a nice touch to the aesthetics in here. It also creates a great balance to the other lighting.  The one thing I would like to add is an old wood shelf under the mirror by the tub.  I'm keeping an eye out and put the mirror high enough that I have room for it.  One more vintage painting wouldn't hurt either.  That gives me something fun to look for. Once more, a big thank you to my HH who worked so hard and was so gracious to give up many weekends to complete this. This was a big project but the payoff to be able to enjoy this room is worth it.  So, what do you think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts..... 


2 comments:

DB said...

OH MY WORD!!! Completely amazing!!

*Tara said...

Thanks DB!!!

Post a Comment

 
;