Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'll take it...... I know I can use it someday........

For those of you who are like me and come across certain things and say to yourself "I know I can find a place for it someday", this post is for you.  Last year we were visiting family at their house on the lake and I saw this piece of wood drifting in the water.  You could tell it had been in there a while and  I loved the shape and texture of it so I pulled it out of the water and took it home.  I thought about making a lamp out of it but hated the thought of cutting this piece of wood.  It has been beautifully crafted by nature and I wanted to appreciate it as I found it.  After 8 months of thinking, I finally found a place for it.  It is now proudly displayed on the front of house with our house numbers on it.  I couldn't think of a better place for it (although it has been made to bring inside if I choose to do so at a later date).  My husband made a bracket for it so it can be mounted to the brick and the numbers are drilled in with the smallest and longest screws possible. The numbers are a brushed nickel and although I like them, I'm keeping my eyes out for something maybe a little more contemporary.  What do you think? 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;