Sunday, May 29, 2011

Frozen Sweet Treat

It's been in the 90's here for the past several weeks and it definitely feels like summer.  Not unusual for south Texas, but it puts you in the mood for cold drinks and anything frozen. I like to make this pie when it's hot because it's such a nice change from ice cream or Popsicles.  This is really easy to make and tastes very refreshing.  I originally got this recipe from an issue of Southern Living Magazine but I wrote it on a index card so I'm not sure what issue it was.  Anyway, it tastes great and is so easy, you can make one for yourself and one to take to a neighbor or to your next summer party.  I'd love to know what you think if you make it.  Enjoy. 


Frozen Raspberry-Lemonade Pie

1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 6oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, partially thawed
3 TBSP. seedless raspberry preserves ( I have also substituted this with Marionberry Preserves and it's what I used in the pie pictured)
1 8oz. container frozen whipped topping
1 6oz. ready made graham cracker crust ( I've also used the Heartland Granola crust which is the one I used in the pie pictured)
Garnish: Fresh Berries and Mint.

Directions:.
Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.  Fold in whipped topping.  Pour into crust.  Freeze 4 hours.  Garnish with fresh berries and a sprig of mint (optional).  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;