Friday, April 13, 2012

Girl's Bathroom Update

Hi there everyone and happy Friday!  Just checking in and updating you on the progress on our girl's bathroom remodel.  After figuring out that we had enough slate tile left over from the floors to tile the counter top, I've decided not to do  the traditional stone slab with under mount sinks.  I thought that using the left over materials this way would not only be a good use of left over materials, it's also really affordable which is a bonus.  Plus, I could get some really cool sinks and faucets to sit on the counter top which will add a nice modern element. Well, after reading this blog post on Velvet and Linen , I saw the sinks that Brooke was going to be using in her kids bathroom remodel and they were exactly what I was looking for.  Perfect timing!  So, I ordered the sinks with the faucets and they have arrived safely and are awaiting installation.  This weekend will be spent taking out the old counter top and sinks and getting the counter prepped for tile.  We will double check our measurements and hopefully have enough to do the counter top. back splash and side splash. I'll let you know how things turn out but for now, here's some items that are going to be included in the updated bathroom.

First, the sinks.  These were ordered from Overstock.















This shower curtain from Anthropologie



Grundtal Mirror from Ikea







and of course, some litle vintage somethings for decor and lighting.  I'll show you what I picked out when I reveal the finished bathroom.  Until then, have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;