Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I realize it's April but I just got my Christmas present from last year in the mail this week and I want to share it with you.  Back in November of 2011, I came across this etsy store called Nomadic Bags and instantly fell in love with her bags!  These bags are crafted from old rugs and vintage textiles and wonderfully embellished with one of a kind items.  I found one that I liked (it was already sold) and contacted Krisha to inquire if she would make one for me too.  She was gracious and said she would love to but her schedule was severely backlogged until Spring of 2012.  Although disappointed, I knew it would be worth the wait so I waited patiently until it was my turn.  A few weeks ago, Krisha contacted me and said I was next on the list and asked if  I was still interested?  Ahh, Duh....  Yes, I'm still interested. So the process began. At the beginning, I wanted a bag made from the same rug that she used on the original bag that I loved.  After reviewing what she had in stock, I couldn't find a rug that had the color combinations as the original bag and started to get a little nervous.  After exchanging several emails, Krisha sent me some pictures of some kilim rugs that she had.  That changed everything.  I chose one that had very muted earthy colors and together we came up with some fabric choices for the pockets, lining etc.  I only chose a few because I wanted her to make the bag based on her artistic gift, not what I pick.  To me, if you're collaborating with an artist of any kind, it's important to give them the freedom to do what they do.  After all, that's what attracted me to her work in  the first place.  I had all the confidence that my bag would be just what it should be and waited for the completed pictures to show up in my inbox.  All I can say is wow.  Krisha is not only a very talented artisan but a very warm and kind soul as well.  My bag is even better that I thought it would be and soooo worth the wait.  If you are considering purchasing a bag from her etsy store, you will not be disappointed.  Here's my bag.  She's called it Terra and you can read what she wrote about this bag here.




























Krisha will also be coming out with a new line called Kita shortly so if you like her work, keep an eye out for that. 

On another note, we are installing the bathroom sinks and faucets upstairs today.  This bathroom is starting to make me jealous.....  It will be ready to reveal soon!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;