Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A place for fun.........

Well, we are currently into week 2 of the most recent project of the bookcase/desk unit for our daughters room.  It's SLOW but moving forward.  My husband had a little hiccup (we couldn't get the piece he had built up the stairs) but luckily, by taking just a few steps backwards (i.e. take part of it apart) he was back on track.  I was however moving forward at my own pace on a different project.  Let me explain.  The upstairs of our house is basically just for our daughters.  There are two bedrooms, a bathroom, a very large walk-in closet (I'll share what we use that for at a later date) and a dormer that provides a small nook.  This dormer has great light and I've always treated it like a little library.  As cute as it looked, it never got used as a functional space.  I've been back and forth with this space seriously since we've moved in almost 6 years ago and while shopping at a thrift store last week, it came to me.  After going home and taking measurements, I went back to the store and bought it for $45. Here's what it looks like:
This is the table.  It's an Ikea Dining table that's inspired by the Saarinen Tulip table.  The base is plastic and the top is in great condition and it will be perfect for where it's going. 




Want to know what it looks like in the space?  Well, you have to wait just a little longer.  There's just one more thing that I want to finish before the reveal...........  Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;