Friday, March 30, 2012

Tile Progress Update...

 Wow, it's time for another weekend already.  Wahoo! The tile project from last weekend is all grouted and complete except for the baseboards and quarter rounds.  That will not be done until Sunday.  After it's all done, I'll take more pictures and share.  I love the way the floor turned out.  Once again, HH demonstrated his skills and did a great job.  The slate looks beautiful and I was able to find a grout color that I liked.   The grout color is called silver and it's from Lowes.  The thin grout line and the pattern of the slate really modernize the floor and I think it makes the bathroom look a thousand times better.  All that is left now is the counter top.  I'm pretty sure that I want to go with a carerra marble but I want to see a few options in solid surface before I decide.  I can't wait to get the counter top in this bathroom.  It will make all the difference.  In between grout shopping and grocery shopping, I stopped by to visit an antique dealer that I know and he had some beautiful gateleg tables for sale.  I was thinking about getting a gateleg table for the sitting area in front of the living room and he had table that I loved.  Gateleg tables are great because they are functional in very small areas when they are folded down like a console table, and then they transform into a small dining/game table when expanded.  I bought the table and put it in the sitting area between the bookcases.  I love the way the table fits in this space.  This is a great spot to play a game or you can move the chairs out and use it as a display table.  Here are some pictures from the week.  I hope you have a great weekend!

Tile Before

 
Tile During

 
Tile After
 

 
New Gateleg Table

 

 










 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;