Friday, March 23, 2012

What are you doing this weekend?

Happy Friday to you all!  If you're like me, you've probably got your weekend already planned out with things you have to accomplish and things you would like to accomplish. One of the things I would like to accomplish is replacing the tile in my daughter's bathroom.  I like to call their bathroom "gas station chic" because the floor reminds me of a bathroom in a gas station.  Super generic and slippery when it's wet so for now, I  have a big throw rug in there to hide the ugliness and prevent slips. So last week, I went to the Habitat for Humanity Restore and found these slate tiles.  They were in a brick pattern size 12" x 24" and they had just enough of the square footage that I need (75 sq.ft) so I bought them all for under $100. I think they will look great in the bathroom and the brick pattern will make the slate less rustic and more modern.  The demo should be easy and we will start tonight.  Hopefully we will be able to get it all done before the weekend is over.  Here's what the floor looks like now:)










And here's a picture of the slate tile we are using.   The color on the photo is not really an accurate depiction but you can get the idea anyway. 






  Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;