Monday, July 2, 2012

Getting things done......

I took a few days last week to focus on getting some projects done that I've been wanting to do for a while. The first project I wanted to do was strip the doors that I got last year for my Master Bathroom. This is a messy and yucky job but it brings me that much closer to putting these doors in and that makes me happy.  After getting most of the old paint (many layers) off, I decided to wait until these were hung to decide if I want to paint them.  I like the patina of the wood on these and the bits of color left behind.  We need to repair and replace some glass and of course sand them, but for now I'm going to keep an open mind. Want to see the before and after?  Ok, here's the doors before:


 
And here's what they look like now......






 I also had a pair of chairs that I purchased a while back that I wanted to paint and re-upholster.  These chairs were not pretty at first, but I liked their shape and scale so I bought the pair with the vision of painting them black and re-upholstering them in a graphic pattern. I really like the way these turned out.  I even left the gold 80's rollers on them. These are the kind of chairs you can put in any room and they work.  I decided to put them in Tatiana's room for now so she can try them out.  Here's what the chairs looked like before:




And here's what they look like now........







 
I also moved some things around and brought in some items to make it feel more like summer.  I loved this rope anchor wall art from the time I saw it so I thought now was the perfect time to enjoy it.  I paired it with this awesome lamp that I found that has a disco vibe to me.  Since it's round, it also reminds me of a porthole which is fun too.  Here's what it looks like together:





 


 
So, that's what I've been up to recently.  What kinds of things are you working on?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;